1. Pick one dozen movies that are ones that you have special feelings about. 2. Pick a few lines of dialogue that mean something to you. 3. As people guess the film and the speaker, strike out that entry. 4. If possible, after the film is guessed, explain why that movie made the list.
Good luck! I think some of these are really easy, and I'm hoping that not ALL of them are TOO easy. Then again, hopefully none of them are impossible, either. And these aren't necessarily from my favourite movies - I went more for favourite quotes (in many cases, quotes that I find myself using in daily life). But some of these are favourite films, or favourites of one of the other people living in my household (which is why I'm familiar enough to know the quotes).
I'll also say that one of my favourite quotes was already used in a quiz, by webbapettigrew, so I ditched "Don't fuck with the Babysitter" in favour of something else. But anyone who hasn't seen Webba's quiz and can ID that quote will get a bonus point. :D (Bonus points to ladyguenivere and synergy).
ETA: As I'm crossing films off the list, I'm trying not to give away too much in my comment, so people who come along afterward can still try and guess. :)
1. "Don't mind her; she's still upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister." Yay for gail_b! This is one of my favourite lines EVER, from a movie that is currently one of my son's favourites. I must remember to use this line more often. It can be oh, so appropriate. :D
2. "Excuse much - rude or anything?"
3. "A eugugalizer - one who speaks at funerals, or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugugoly is?" Another one for gail_b! Yes, this is a very stupid film, but very, very funny. :)
4. "When I'm king, what'll that make you?" "A monkey's uncle." YAY for peppervl. This is special because it comes from a scene that my son and I used to act out together. And yes, I do a very convincing Scar (although not as sexy as Jeremy Iron's version),. ;)
5. "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!". Guessed first by rendiru. Hard to pick just one quote from this film, because around here, we've got just about the whole thing memorized. The quote I almost used instead was the one about how they knew he was the king. :D
6. "This case, I think we have to go all out! I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture, be done on somebody's part! And we're just the guys to do it" ::does happy dance for edda, who knew this one!:: I actually don't love this film, but it's a favourite of my husband. It's funny, yeah, but after too many viewings it starts getting on my nerves. And I was SO tempted to use, "Thank you sir, may I have another" as the quote. :D
7. "That is humor. I recognize that." Well done! Another one for edda. I thought this one might be tough. Another movie that's not a favourite, but this is a line that has been quoted in my house a LOT of times.
8. "We're going to need a bigger boat.". YAY heathwitch. I still remember seeing this film for the first time - in a DRIVE IN cinema! :D This one's a classic, IMO anyway. :) Although it's been years since I've seen it. Might rent it to watch - I suspect that my son might actually enjoy it.
9. "You should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." Props to rendiru! Just a really cool film, and I'll always love it no matter how much Johnny rox in the new version. :D Another film from which I had difficulty choosing just ONE memorable quote.
10. That's crazy! So crazy, it just might WORK!"
11. "Where are you going?" "I have to save my ass." ::applause for webbapettigrew:: Gotta put lines from this film - it's one of my all-time favourites, and SO funny and quotable! :)
12. "With great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift and my curse." Good one, zorb! This is just such a cool movie, although I actually prefer the sequel. (Come to think of it, this line might be included in the sequel as well. I don't remember for certain).
Okay people - give me your guesses! :)
*Hee - not calling it a meme, because I swore off memes in a not-too-long-ago entry. ;)