1) Who is the last person you high-fived? Connor; we high-five one another at least a dozen times a day, for various reasons. It's kind of our "thing."
2) If you were drafted into a war, would you serve? No. I am a pacifist, and would conscientiously object.
3) Do you sleep with the TV on? Heavens no! I won't even have one in my bedroom. *shudders at the thought*
4) Have you ever won a spelling bee? No. I can't remember ever participating in a spelling bee. If I had, I might have won. I am a good speller. Although, I'm not that good at spelling aloud. I often have to write a word down to know whether or not I'm spelling it correctly, so maybe spelling bees wouldn't have been such a good thing for me? It does seem strange to me now, though, that I never had the opportunity to be in one. What was wrong with the schools I attended?!?!
5) Have you ever been stung by a bee? No. *knocks wood*
6)How fast can you type? Last time I took a test (sometime back in the early 90s), my speed was around 80 wpm. No idea how fast I type now; probably slower than that, although maybe not, when I really get going. I've certainly had a lot of practice since then, so who know? Maybe I'm faster now. I type fast enough to keep up with my train of thought, and that's good enough for me.
7) Are you afraid of the dark? No, I like the dark. Sometimes I'm afraid of things I can imagine lurking in the dark, though. And in my house, it is smart to be afraid of toys with pointy edges which might be laying on the floor between the bed and the bathroom in the dark. This is why I usually turn on a light.
8) What color are your socks? I almost never wear socks, although I do own some, in various colors. I even have Hogwarts socks (which are gray, if we still care about color).
9) When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower? That's not really a choice for me. The two things fulfill entirely different objectives. Showers are for washing hair and getting clean; baths are for relaxing and reading. So, I don't choose one over the other; it's just a matter of which of those things I am trying to accomplish at the time.
10) Do you knock on wood? See #5 above.
11) Can you hula hoop? Yes, a bit, although I'm not sure how long I could keep it going now. There was a time when I could do it pretty much indefinitely. I suspect those days are long gone, though.
12) Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes. Very.
13) What do you want for Christmas? ??? Who knows? I haven't thought that far ahead. Um, maybe confirmation about the date we'll be moving to Puerto Rico?
14) Do you talk in your sleep? Yes, occasionally.
15) Have you ever flown a kite? Yes.
16) Do you wish on your fallen eyelashes? No, and I'd never even heard of anyone doing this until I saw this question.
17) Do you whiten your teeth? No, I got lucky with the gene fairy, and my teeth have always been very nice all on their own. *knocks wood again*
18) Have you ever asked for a pony? No. I would have rather had a cap gun or an electric guitar instead.
19) Have you, or would you ever, donate sperm/eggs? I have never done this, although I suppose I might have tried if it had occurred to me before they passed their expiration date. I could have passed along my good-tooth genes to additional little people! :D
20) Can you juggle? Yes - three things. I would love to learn four, and one of these days I'll sit down (or, rather, stand up) and try it.
21) If you could enact any new law, what would it be? I would outlaw talking on cell phones while driving. It would be nice to outlaw the putting on of makeup, eating bowls of cereal, reading newspapers, etc., too, but if I couldn't get all that through at once, I'd be happy to start with just the cell phones.
22) If you had only enough energy left in you for one last smile, who would you give it to? Connor.
23) Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? Yes, suspended. From high school. On my official record, it says I was caught smoking a cigarette. I will neither confirm nor deny that tobacco was, in fact, the substance I was smoking in the art building darkroom. Also, I was the only one who got caught, and the fact that I didn't rat out the others in there with me seems to apply to #12.
24) Have you ever crawled through a window? Many times. More than one window, in fact. I did it regularly as a teenager, to get out of the house at night. I've also broken in to my house (as an adult) on at least two occasions when I locked myself out. (In these cases, I had to break the window first; one of these times I was still in my nightgown and bare feet when it happened).
25) Have you ever eaten dog food? No, but when I was a kid we used to eat those bone-shaped doggie biscuits. (My father was the one who instigated this. I don't even want to think about it now). They didn't taste bad (kind of nutty, IIRC), but the texture was horrible.
26) Can you handle the truth? Yes. I prefer it, in fact.
27) Do you like green eggs and ham? This is a silly question. I do not like them in a box. I do not like them with a fox. I do not like them in a house. I do not like them with a mouse. I do not like them here or there. I do not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever actually tried them, so maybe they'd be okay?