Over the past few days, I've been working a lot on my Garden Alphabet, and I feel I'm making good progress. I have six letters completed, and sketches for several more. Plus, I've made what I believe will be "final" decisions about some important things, namely, the size of the letters (2.25 inches tall) and the paper (Strathmore Windpower Smooth Bristol). I decided to make the letters larger, so that if I scan them and shrink them on the computer, the lines will look more crisp. (That's the trouble with the markers; they tend to bleed into the paper a bit; I could use marker paper, but I think the colors look better on something more porous).
The other thing I've noticed is that this is good practice for me in really getting down to the essence of my subject. I'm trying to make all of the animals and plants (and fungi) as realistic as possible, but they're so small I have to do it with just a few lines. So far, I'm pleased with them. This is my favorite - Bullfrog: