After my watercolor class on Tuesday, I decided to experiment a bit with some of the techniques we used in class. I really liked the effect that can be achieved by sprinkling table salt on the paper while the paint is still wet. Some of the things I did in class reminded me of corals, so I thought I'd try and do something with that. It took a few tries before I got the effect I wanted (my first try, I used way too much salt - or maybe the paper was too wet - and it sucked away almost all the color from the page; the second try, everything was just too pale). I like the way the colors turned out in this one. Then, I painted in some silhouette fish. I might go back and add more fish at some point. I pretty much managed to get the look I was hoping to get, so I'm calling this experiment a success.